Saturday, July 6, 2013

My lovely aunt

It's in this moments when I let a small tear fall of my eye, and I think "Oh! I'm crying. It's been a long time..."


You (The Reader) must probably not know about this, but one of the best people I know isn't with me anymore. Well, I'm in Portugal and she is in France. She is my aunt, my lovely aunt.
She had to travel to France because of work. For personal reasons, she had to go without her daughter, son, husband, 5/6 cats and Tisha, the dog. She since got there didn't stop calling us. It was great. In 30+ times she called I had only twice the opportunity to talk to her, without any other "intruder" around me. My relation with most people in my family isn't surely the best. I don't really like what they do to me. It's another story...
They never warned me when she called, because nobody cares about me just like I don't care about them.
Since the beginning I talked to her only with emails. There wasn't a lot of talk, but at least I could see here interacting with my emails by replying great messages.  Unfortunately, and  weirdly, we stopped emailing each other for no common reason. Maybe the fact that we where damn busy.

Since I was a kid, I used to go to her house, and be there with my cousins. It was great, but due to other horrible life stories, I didn't have much time to spend with them.
My aunt had a house in the west zone of Portugal. I can actually say the name of the city, it's Povoa de Varzim. I really love that city, and me, her, my cousins, her husband, cats, Tisha and my grandma used to go a lot there. It's a very beautiful place with a long beach and tall buildings. And yes, I really love tall buildings.

For those who don't know, I live in Guimaraes. It's a modern city with a lot of culture and considered as the "Cradle Of Portugal". Portugal was "born" here. But I'm not here to talk about History. Guimaraes is really beautiful, but not my favorite city. My favorite city is really Algarve which is in the far south of Portugal.

My aunt was always wonderful to me. Since I was a little kid, I received love from her. It's sure one of the 3 people I mostly love in my live, and I'm sure that it won't ever be replacedby anyone in the world.

It's in these moments of missing when I mostly miss her.
I really love my aunt Paula Novais. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment